Thread: 500M 500mb Question
View Single Post
Old 29-04-2019, 13:34   #39
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: 500mb Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I see this when i check services in my area.

Chatted with online sales agent and got this:

"As for the moment, the availability of the 500mbps speed is for the bundle which is VVIP. But do not worry, once this package will stabilize with, surely you can get it even if you have broadband only with us. "
I get the same for my area. I see that new customers get Full House TV including 2 V6 boxes, 500Mb, a limitless SIM and Talk More Anytime. The first 12 months is for £99, after that it is a 12-month contract for £139. Given that I currently pay £180 monthly for a 350Mb package, it makes sense to end my current contract and get Vivid 500 as a V.VIP customer. Needless-to-say I am now calling customer services.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles

EDIT: I got a result! In 9 days time after they have made adjustments to my account and some technical bits and bobs, VM sales say that all I need do is call them and they will set up V.VIP Vivid 500 for me. This will be as if I was a new customer on £99 a month for 12 months. All this has been promised after I pointed out how unethical it was to offer new customers a much better package for much less than than an an existing customer is getting for an inferior package. At first, when I pointed out that I could end the contract and start a new one, CS insisted that I would have to be without a service for 90 days to achieve that. So, I suggested that I would approach the ombudsman and demanded to speak to a manager. After 10 minutes awaiting an answer I was promised the lot. It pays to moan!

Last edited by roughbeast; 29-04-2019 at 14:29.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote