View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:43   #220
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

I’ve never disputed that streaming will take off. It is you that’s projecting the binary future that streaming and linear TV are mutually exclusive, and that streaming is some kind of revolution rather than an evolution of content delivery.

Sky/Comcast presently deliver their sports offering through streaming on Now TV, TV from Sky on PlayStation/Xbox apps and Sky Go.

It’s quite easy to do the calculations really. Netflix charge £8 per month. If we ignore other additional costs for now £1.5bn. To solely recover this cost they would need 15 625 000 individual subscribers and haven’t yet covered the rest of their costs (and tax obligations) let alone made a penny profit on their investment. Incidentally with the two screen package that’s enough Netflix for one device in every single household in the United Kingdom.

Your railway analogy is meaningless. More appropriate would be the question would I remain on the line if I knew the train would run out of diesel before it hit me. In that case I would.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote