View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 22:47   #23
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: A few questions about the box

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My walls are quite thick, but the signal still gets through. But I take care not to put anything else in the way of the signal. It's a good idea not to put it in a cupboard and close the doors!
I have had to give up on WiFi for my second box. 2.4Ghz was a no-go from the start. Despite a strong signal there are at least 8 -10 other neighbours hubs using each of the 3 non overlapping channels. When I installed in Nov last year there was only one other user on 5Ghz so despite only 40% signal strength it worked fine. 6 months later & there are now 8 users on 5Ghz, no uncontended channels & the V6 refuses to stream in HD as a result. Bought myself a cheap Powerline kit from Argos & normal service has resumed.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote