Thread: US Timeline Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 10:53   #296
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Game of Thrones

It takes a couple of episodes to work out who is who, what is going on, the different locations and where they are geographically. You start off in three principle locations; Kingslanding, Winterfell and Pentos. In order to understand the significance of where people are and the lapse in time (in the first episode the queen complains that it has taken them 4 months to get from Kingslanding to Winterfell) you should pay careful attention to the map in the opening credits. The map grows in detail as new locations are mentioned throughout the episodes.

GoT is one of the best series ever made and is defo worth watching. I mean this in the nicest possible way so don't take it the wrong way. You seem to be an ardent fan of soaps and I have spoken to many many people I work with who watch things like EastEnders and Coronations Street religiously and stuff like GoT and Star Trek blows their mind. I hope for your sake that you enjoy it and can get into it and if you do I strongly suggest you embrace your new found quality tv and expand your horizons to other series which you may have overlooked in the past and if time is a factor then ditch the soaps.

I can't even begin to compare or contrast Coronation Street with GoT and try and explain how much better it is, and I don't want to tbh. When you get into GoT it is like jumping into another world. The production quality is the best there has ever been in the world (literally), the story and characters are amazing. The thing I will say by way of a comparison is that both series are an ensemble cast but you will quickly realise in GoT that every character is fully fledged and matters. It doesn't matter how much screen time they have or whether they are a goody or a bady, you love all of them because they enrich the story and series and matter.

My words and hollow and I appreciate they mean absolutely nothing. GoT is quite literally something you have got to experience and see to believe. The good thing for you is that it is a blessing in disguise. Not only have you got the luxury of the series having ended and being able to watch all eight seasons at your leisure, you are potentially at home as party of the lockdown and there is nothing stopping you from indulging and ploughing through them one season a day Watch the first season and come back and let us know what you think. I'll be amazed if you aren't hooked. If you like it maybe you can start a petition to have it placed in Coronation Street's regular evening slot
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote