View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 18:14   #3
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Glad I don't live in the US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Almost nobody yearns for an American system in the UK. Those who call for the NHS to be exposed to the market aren’t generally also calling for the dismantling of the principle of free at point of use. They’re calling for market competition at points within the system where it will drive efficiency.
Yes, just like exposing Royal Mail to the free market, driving efficiencies in that business resulted in the cherry picking of the profitable parts of a universal service and suddenly prices for 1st and 2nd class mail rocket and of course we can "trust" these providers not to make a mistake in setting regulated prices see https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47331801.
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote