View Single Post
Old 15-03-2019, 17:34   #2
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Glad I don't live in the US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007stuart View Post
As a major beneficiary of the NHS I am shocked at the cost of Insulin in the US compared to that in other countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47491964

A salutary lesson for those who criticise the NHS and yearn for a free market in the provision of health.

BTW I am not diabetic.
Almost nobody yearns for an American system in the UK. Those who call for the NHS to be exposed to the market aren’t generally also calling for the dismantling of the principle of free at point of use. They’re calling for market competition at points within the system where it will drive efficiency.

The American system is obscene, and results in startling levels of health inequality in the world’s richest economy, where people ought to have a right to expect the best.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote