View Single Post
Old 14-04-2017, 11:43   #582
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Height adjuster on the patio parasol: The lever had broken and I tried superglue but it broke again. I had some wooden sash parting bead so I cut off a piece, traced the critical part of the outline (cam and hole) from the broken part, fashioned a slightly longer replacement lever using a small saw, the palm sander and drill.

After rummaging in my assorted fixings tin I found a small shanked M8 bolt the shank being the same diameter as the rivet that I had drilled out. Fitted it together with a nylock nut and after a bit of fine tuning of the lever cam profile where it clamps the pole with the sander and a bit of candle wax it works a treat.

I don't know if you can get the clamp thingy as a replacement or the whole lower pole but I bet even then it would cost. 30 odd minutes of DIY and the job's done.