View Single Post
Old 23-02-2018, 12:18   #196
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ITV threaten to blackout on Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Just as I have no use for the services councils maintain at the present or in the future (yes I have used them many years ago) I am fairly confident that you or someone else in your family has watched the BBC in the past even if you do not now.

The license fee is for having the ability to receive tv transmission, wether or not you use it. Presumably as you are on this forum you have this facility and as such you have to pay - end of.

The money collected just happens to go to the BBC - is this fair, not in my opinion - it should be shared amongst all broadcasters - but that is how it is
As I said above, I do watch the BBC. I just do not understand why people who do not watch it are forced to pay.

I have already pointed out that while you may not use some services carried out by the councils, you do benefit indirectly and you may benefit in the future as you have done in the past.

However, BBC is an entertainment service and if I don't want it I shouldn't have to pay for it. The BBC is not an essential service.

If TV transmission has to be paid for through a licence fee (not sure if it is) then there is no need to include in it the cost of running the BBC. To my mind, it's the broadcast channels that should be paying for the tv transmission fees.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote