View Single Post
Old 20-11-2019, 18:21   #1
sebyoung
cf.member

sebyoung is an unknown quantity at this point
Issue since moving to 5 static IPs

Hi all

I hope someone can shed some light! We were on VMB 350/20 with a dynamic IP for a few years, which was relatively trouble free. Our last PCI DSS compliance scan was showing some ports open when our public IP was scanned, even though nothing was open. After some investigation, it was the Hitron that was to blame (even though it was in modem mode, fed into our Draytek Vigor 2830). VMB knew what I was talking about when I contacted them about it and said the only way to resolve this was to move to multiple static IPs.

So we did. Last Friday, this was complete, I reconfigured the Hitron and Draytek, and all was working okay (although the speed had dropped fairly significantly, but that's another issue).

However, our Verifone credit card terminals stopped logging in and would just say "login failed". But when I removed the VMB connection from our Draytek and let it switch to our ADSL backup, they would login fine. We had no problem with the same setup previously when on a dynamic IP.

I got in touch with Verifone who said this:

Quote:
Unfortunately there are some know issues with Virgin media business network

The issue we have with it is how they sort the traffic on their network. In short terms the transaction gets sent out on one port and come back on another. The Ocius software does not recognise the response from Virgin which then means that their is not a successful connection.

What I can recommend is that you change your public facing IP address back to Dynamic. This should then allow the device to connect without any issues.
I have raised this with Virgin and am waiting for someone to get back to me. Does anyone know what this is all about and whether this a way to resolve it without moving back to dynamic?

Thanks in advance.
sebyoung is offline   Reply With Quote