Thread: Brexit (Old)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 10:12   #4506
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
I don’t see it as fanciful. If Parliament wants to extend article 50 or have a second referendum they aren’t going to sit at the beginning of March and go “ach let’s just leave we’ve run out of time, it takes about six weeks to introduce primary legislation”.

They will make it work, if that’s what’s they want to do. It’s the Parliamentary arithmetic I’d be most worried about, not the clock.
Well, of course you don't. You're going off into the realms of imagination, finding devices the Parliament might use to repeal Brexit because time is short. It's the government of the day that has to introduce primary legislation.

If you're mooting that the Tory led government will repeal Brexit then that really is fanciful.

My advice is at your risk.