View Single Post
Old 20-02-2021, 10:26   #77
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Uber licence revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I wouldn’t have expected anything else from you, jfman. A complete disregard for those people who have a brain and deliberately choose to earn their living on a flexible basis.

I don’t care what trade unions think. I prefer to listen to what those affected by their decisions think.

I know that is unthinkable to guys like you, who are irreversibly politically indoctrinated. So your reply is already anticipated. And by the way, I disagree. Response unnecessary. Good night.
This isn't about trade unions, Old Boy. This was a complaint raised by the Uber taxi drivers ie what "...those affected by their decisions think."

It's not beyond Uber to have a flexible working system that complies with the new ruling. Other taxi firms do.

The decision will mean more of a level playing field for small British taxi businesses. That can't be a bad thing and I speak as a pre-lockdown 1 Uber user. Uber brought innovation to the sector with their global app but that innovation can be disentangled from unfair competition and ripping contractors off.

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Serves Uber right. There is a massive Silicon Valley arrogance that laws and taxes apply to other people and not them. They use technologies to centralise as much of the profit as possible to only a few hands whilst destroying countless other companies in their wake. They undercut everyone because they are willing to operate at a loss to dominate the market, they avoid paying tax and they exploit people.
Just an example really of the way that the law is always a bit behind technology. It catches up in the end.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote