View Single Post
Old 19-01-2019, 14:54   #127
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I thought the app for Amazon Prime had already been created and tested some time ago and hence its non-appearance on Virgin Media could only be entirely contractual.
The word on the street was that Virgin were up for it but Liberty Global put a stop to it as Amazon was a retail company. I think we should be grateful to BT for showing the way - I would be very surprised if Liberty Global and Virgin Media did not reassess their position in the light of this and the fact that Sky have also recently added Netflix to Sky Q.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Its odd you'd think amazon would be creating the app for tivo/sky Q to try and get more customers subscribed etc and that these companies would be happy to get the app from amazon as you're tying them more to their service by offering a variety of "smart tv" apps.

Its odd how its taking so long
I think Amazon wants to have Prime added to as many platforms as possible, so I don't think they are the problem here.

ADDENDUM

This probably explains a bit more about why Liberty Global saw Prime as a threat. It looks like it was the additional channels on Amazon which spooked them and persuaded VM that Prime was actually a threat to their business.

BT would have seen this differently as most of their channel offerings are Freeview.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-sky-smart-tv/

Last edited by OLD BOY; 19-01-2019 at 15:15.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote