View Single Post
Old 31-08-2019, 11:34   #10
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Name 5 directors you would love to talk to

I don't know, because I have heard a lot of directors on DVD/Blu Ray commentaries, and while they may be excellent directors, they can be boring people. Ridley Scott, for example, has excellent commentaries if you want to hear about the technical aspects of directing (and I would heartily recommend his commentaries to anyone interested in pursuing film making as a career), but can be a bit dry.

Jodie Foster would potentially be a good person. Her commentaries tend to be filled with good directing advice, and interesting anecdotes from her films.

Joss Whedon is a good writer and director, and is also interesting to listen to.

Another one I'd pick is probably Ron Howard. Like Ridley Scott, his commentaries tend to focus on the technical aspects of film making, and he probably wouldn't be interesting if you weren't interested in the art of film making.

My final pick would probably be Christopher Nolan or Tarantino.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote