View Single Post
Old 14-05-2019, 09:12   #799
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2019)

The "We've made some changes" Channel Moved screen on the A&E HD channels old positions are going to confuse people. There is no mention of HD.

It just says "<Channel Name> is now on channel <Number>" rather than "<Channel Name HD> is now on channel <Number>" . The SD channels were on those channel numbers already, so that will confuse some.

On the other hand when you go to the newly swapped HD channel it has a "We've made some changes" pop-up message that does mention HD. And as it says "From 14th May..." it was clearly the one that higher tier customers saw in advance.

Customers on a package that had all the A&E channels clearly got prior on-screen notification, I never saw any on my lower package that has only Lifetime and History 2. Those on lower tiers are going to get a surprise today, I only know because of this forum. Unless it was a regional notification problem, that has happened before.

When I heard about the A&E swaps I was expecting a tile in the top of the EPG guide like with the BBC HD swaps and a pop-up on the SD channels. I had none of these things. I don't watch Lifetime, and rarely watch History 2, so it's not a problem for me personally, but it will be for some, who will be surprised if they had a similar lack of prior notification. Of course it could be a regional fault as I suggested earlier.

By the way, I can confirm the HD versions have moved down to their SD tiers as I haven't lost Lifetime or History 2. Just in case that wasn't clear from my above ramblings.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote