View Single Post
Old 17-04-2013, 23:06   #6450
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Excellent news for me today, despite high blood sugars I am not to be put on insulin. However, they want to try me with another 2 tablets to see how that goes. So if I get put on them, that means 1 injection of Byetta twice a day and at least 6 tablets twice a day just for diabetes. Add into that 1 tablet a day for blood pressure and 1 a day for cholesterol and I am shocked I don't rattle when I move.

---------- Post added at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:09 ----------

Just worked out what my medication costs a month, and before any new ones are added in it costs £197 a month. That's the cost for the production of it. Some are only 77 pence or 30 pence but my Byetta injection pen costs £68.24 a month so you can see why things like that are only given sparingly.
Hope the alternatives to insulin work for you Mark. The stress you are under will not be helping your Blood Sugar levels so maybe having that threat taken away will help a tad as well.

My happiness to-day has been getting my new laptop up and running and being able to stop using my Kindle on line. The only thing I lost was my Firefox profile so, considering how little time I had to close down my old laptop, it could have been a lot worse. At least I managed to save all my Bookmarks so that I won't have to track down a couple of hundred web sites.

The new Samsung seems very good but I don't think I will be keeping Widows 8 for long 'cause, even though I have installed a start button which delivers up the same functions as Windows 7, it just feels wrong. Maybe I am just too set in my ways.