View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 16:36   #42
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Train Spotters Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Sorry to hear you're not able to make a trip over in Europe, I'm quite lucky that as I was retired on ill health ground from BR due to developing the RA, I kept my privs including the european FIP ones.

If I ever go to Europe I'm armed with an EHIC and some insurance that was quite reasonably priced, (think I saw the link on the RA charity I volunteer for or it may have been on Moneysavingexpert)

Though it does to vary a lot depending on the type of of condition or illness as I found when I was shopping around for some a few years ago

---------- Post added at 04:55 ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 ----------

A far cry from the first passenger carrying one at the link from Birmingham airport to Birmingham International/NEC

Despite the moans and groans from some people about the service, BR had some fantastic engineers, you only have to look at the IC125, and despite them claiming the APT was a failure, we seem to have their descendants speeding up and down the west coast in the shape of the pendolino's
Yes the media always seemed to give BR a hard time but it was not as bad as some make out and yes l saw a bit on the APT earlier in the British Railways Beeching and Beyond DVD and it was certainly the forerunner for some of the trains we have now.