Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 13:32   #255
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
And it’s irrelevant against Omicron. Over 80% of Gauteng are believed to have been infected in previous waves, with some now on their third bount of Covid.
Happy to read your source.

However, all the news stories I can find on Omicron all trace back to this one paper:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...068v2.full.pdf

Where a study of 2.8m people previously infected found that 35,670 had been reinfected. A whopping 1.27%

There is no real data on whether Omicron can evade current vaccines, or the severity of illness

Quote:
Excellent news for the Great Barringtons among us that “natural immunity” isn’t immunity at all. The evidence was also showing substantial waning of vaccine efficacy against Delta so that has inevitable consequences.
I don't know about "substantial" but isn't that why we're having boosters anyway?

Quote:
I’m not sure hoteliers and restaurant owners can pay the bills with your rejoice from the safety of sitting at your keyboard.
Oh. well I spent a lovely week in Bridgnorth last week, and I've been to the pub for a steak dinner pretty much every week for several months, so I've been doing my bit for the hoteliers and landlords.

Quote:
Once again your opposition to any restrictions is ideological and not grounded in any evidence whatsoever.
And things are going so well in Australia, New Zealand and Europe. Yes, restrictions are the answer................

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Having said that, how many of us ever did take a test for a tickly cough and sore throat?
There's a few that should take a mental competency test.