View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 13:49   #83
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIca View Post
No need to be confrontational. It's not a willy waving contest, for some reason some users on this particular forum seem to think it is. I don't recall Virgin providing backhaul for EE but there you go. I don't dispute what you're saying.
To be fair it was you that was being arsey.

Quote:
Overhead as in National Grid?
. Not just National Grid/ Energis. But Scottish Power/Thus and Norweb/yourcomms. All are C&W as you know and all have fibre on parts of their transmission network.

Quote:
How do I know what backhaul Voda use? Well I can open up (non-Voda marked) boxes in front of many Vodafone transmitters where I live and see they go directly onto BT fibre. You can physically see the fibre coming from where the transmitter is. There's no VM or C&W network at all nearby for them to go onto.
They may well use BT fibre tails to get to some masts, or indeed most masts, as VM use and other carriers use to get to places where they don't have fibre reach. That doesn't mean that BT backhaul it all around the U.K.

I'm fairly certain when VM lost the Vodafone contract I think Global Crossing, now Level 3, won it, or a lot if it, as I remember them digging to loads of Vodafone sites about 6-7 years ago.