View Single Post
Old 23-03-2021, 09:54   #10331
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
premier sports is owned by the people who ran setanta? bloody heck didnt know that. So them recklessly buying up foreign leagues which arent watched that much now makes sense...

Seems sky have purchased womens football rights. That'll be good for the female football sport but undoubtedly i can see sky putting up the price of sky sports and claiming they have more live sport than ever before....
I was under the impression that, back in the day, Setanta was well run until it made one reckless risk on the English football coverage. Premier Sports seemed to have been pretty careful, picking up rights on the cheap, taking advantage of rights being dumped by others and getting them cheaper on the rebound. Choosing niche sports with a loyal audiences e.g. ice hockey. Picking and choosing expenditure e.g. going all HD on most platforms, keeping Freesports SD on Freeview despite being an HD multiplex to save money and because it's more sustainable long term, buying a small shopping channel to get a better Freeview EPG number, not jumping to permanent Freeview multiplex from their temporary one at the first opportunity, dumping Freesports Freesat EPG listing to save money. They seem to me they have learnt to be cautious.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote