View Single Post
Old 15-03-2021, 11:18   #605
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I’m going to be controversial here. My remarks could have gone into any of the currently controversial threads but this on will do.

There are people with some degree of superior intellect who will read papers like Times, Grauniad and Torygraph. Such people are more likely to be in tune with the publication rather than influenced by it.

Then there are people of less superior intellect who, if the read a newspaper, will find one more in tune with their leanings but will also be influenced by them. Of course there are more of these people than of the other sort.

Being outside the EU, the Torygraph does manage a more intellectual sneer at The EU than does the Express. But I certainly am not influenced by that.

What I want to see from the tabloids is something to spur the majority on into making everything work for the better. Here is where the intellectual gap closes in the sense that the Times readers cannot prosper if the Sun readers don’t also prosper. The golden age awaits, unshackled from the EU, competing with them and winning in the new sciences.

Cheers

Not sure someone's intelligence can be measured by the quality of tomorrows chip paper, an idiot is just as capable of buying the same paper as a genius