View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 17:26   #10511
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I didn’t say ‘at any price’. I’m not sure where your figures are coming from - they are highly suspect IMHO.
Go on then have a stab at dividing £5 billion quid by any monthly fee and any set number of subscribers. I'll even forget VAT for now.

Both I, and seemingly whoever handles the calculators at every streaming service going, think it doesn't work.

Quote:
Yes, we are talking about the likelihood or otherwise of streamers entering the market for EPL. Of course the audience will follow the footie no matter how it is delivered. I never said otherwise.
However not at any cost.
Quote:
Typical of you to scoff instead of actually addressing the point. A similar point to the one made by Andrew, incidentally.

Yes. But the fact that they failed doesn’t mean that any operator would fail.

Sky can make it work, proving that it is possible if you know what you’re doing.
Yet nobody else bids, despite sitting on piles and piles of cash. Proving they dont think it's a valuable use of £5bn.

Quote:
No, I don’t. What, you’re a mind reader as well as an alleged economist now, are you?
Well yes, you do. It's the common thread around almost every single post you make.

Economics 101 tells you everyone is out there to make a profit. And at some point the market reaches an equilibrium. People are no longer willing to pay any more.

Either after 19 years Sky haven't found the equilibrium or streamers can package their services to additional customers that Sky cannot - which is impossible as anyone outside the Sky footprint - DTH, cable or via Now TV would be unable to access a rival streaming service

Quote:
Despite your repeated claim that the delayed auction was nothing to do with the uncertainties arising from COVID, that is precisely the reason given in the application to the government, which was accepted. You may think you know better, but you really don’t.
Uncertainties over the value of the rights, Old Boy. Try to read it with an open mind. I've already posted the hundreds of billions that streamers and social media companies are sitting on. Yet something puts them (and the accountants at the EPL) off and it's not access to capital.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote