View Single Post
Old 25-04-2018, 17:01   #2562
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I really wouldn't get too worked out about every little news item that occurs on Brexit especially this kind of speculation.
I agree completely. Andrew is scrutinising every media outlet to scrape up every last morsel of bad news he can find about Brexit.

Despite all that was said by hardened remainers, the economy did not take a nosedive when we voted to leave, Theresa May has completed Phase 1 of the negotiations and we have already had the nod that we will get a no-tariff trade deal. The rest will fall into place.

As for the border issue between Ireland and Northern Ireland, this could be resolved quite easily by the 'maximum faciltation' proposal. This means we would manage rather than eliminate customs checks. Regular exporters would be granted 'trusted trader' status which would allow them to settle their dues at regular intervals rather than every time they moved goods across the border. However, various other options are available.

It should be remembered that the EU exports more to us than we do to the EU, so ultimately it will be in their own interests to come to a sensible border solution. All this bluster is just a pantomime and I think most thinking people can see through it. I don't know why Andrew is so fixated on his belief that this showmanship is so deadly serious.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 25-04-2018 at 17:35.