View Single Post
Old 14-03-2018, 19:08   #5
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road
Re: Is it possible to go back to Superhub 2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
When the two techs came out previously did they swap the shub3 over and give you a new one?
No they didn't offer that ...

The problems really started when the snow arrived (that was Tuesday 27th Feb),
The first tech came on the Friday (that was 2nd March) .. he checked everything and said the signal was fine fine up to the box on the wall , but disappeared after that, so he thought the cable up the wall and in to the property needed replacing .. Sadly he didn't have a ladder on the van so he couldn't do it himself!

On to the 2nd tech who arrived the following Tuesday about 6 in the evening (I'd already been a week with no connection!) ... oddly enough the connection had started behaving itself earlier in the day. He only checked the box on the wall and determined everything was fine and it was most likely a network problem and had sorted itself out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I don't understand why you are having issues in modem mode and using a proper router.
Nor do I! ... Maybe this has something to do with it? .... port flapping?
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...g/td-p/3073985

Meanwhile this is todays thinkbroadband graph ... I'm not sure what any of it means? ... the large red block around midnight was the last time I tried using modem mode with the ASUS router though!

Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote