View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 15:19   #45
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
With a bit of programming and searching google you can get sky go and netflix to work on linux. Netflix actually has a unofficial app for linux too
Had Netflix and some other similar apps on my modified firmware WDTV which runs on a cut down linux too. Got a Synology NAS now which also runs a flavour of linux and was wondering if the Sky go app could stream through it. Was reading about DVBlink and it seems with a USB pen attached you can record tv straight to the NAS hard drive which can then be streamed to any device on the network. More stuff to play with, linux based hardware is cool

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
But I can't take my pc anywhere and I neither want to lug a laptop about,want to watch on my iPad,can on sky can't on vm so me personally virgins tv is far from anywhere
So is it a rights issue that stops VM from letting their TV streaming app work over 3G/4G, or is it the problem of utilising different quality/sized streams of the same content?