View Single Post
Old 19-02-2021, 23:11   #28
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Talking Pictures in trouble for showing racist material again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
It's a real problem. While it is undoubtedly good that we are fighting prejudice , by focusing on minor things like old TV shows, we are actually giving the extreme right wing a way in to take control. All they have to do is say they are fighting the "woke" culture which is focused on banning all those old films and TV shows we love. They don't just campaign on fighting bans of old TV shows and films, they fight against things like gender neutral toilets, and trans rights, together with the right to pick one's own pronouns, leading to a situation when instead of two, facebook offers 58 genders (https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...facebook-users ), as well as offering a "custom" option.

By pushing minor complaints like old TV shows that, TBH, people had probably forgotten until someone find some old tapes in an archive somewhere and put them on Cable TV, the Left are giving the right a weapon to use against them.
Exactly, it's counterproductive. I know of people who have been vehemently anti racist all their life who these people are now calling racist for the most spurious of reasons.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 22:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
gammon ?

Well I know of gammon steak, I must be missing some other use.
I believe it's meant as an insult to white/pink middle aged & often overweight.men.

Curiously, the woke believers don't class this as being racist. It appears to be fine for (usually white) woke people to insult & criticise white people, but this must never be done to non white people because 'that's racist'.

I was actually told by one that it's racist for a white person to ever criticise a person of colour!!
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote