View Single Post
Old 18-02-2021, 19:57   #23
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Talking Pictures in trouble for showing racist material again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The ‘woke’ people are those who exercise their right to be offended on behalf of others, even when those others are not offended.
I think there's cases where there is genuine offence, times do change.. E.g the classic Dam Busters film. One of the pilots has a black dog named with the N word. Its been changed. I don't see a problem with that, doesn't detract from the film and better than not showing it all. It should be the exception rather than the rule to change things though.

Warnings like TP give about programmes/films reflecting language of the time, seem fair enough to me. Unless there is a genuine major issue of offence like the above example.

As for 'woke'- like 'gammon' its a term designed to provoke a response. Its become a bit boring....
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote