View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 15:37   #6697
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
You have my sympathies.

It is possible to have PC's automatically join the VPN at login, no RSA token or similar so support becomes much easier and you can't disconnect. This would work for devices supplied to kids but as they are "on the network" and belong to you it's easier to remote on and fix some problems. Does open more issues with network printers.

Much harder in you situation where the child could be using a variety of devices with lots of variation in O/S and software. Because I know IT at home we get our kids refurbished Lenovo's and put Linux on them. They can do pretty much everything they need and Linux is easier for me to support as I know it better than Windows.

Thanks for your post.
In an ideal world with a pot of money we would love to have devices rolled out and on an MDM where everything is setup the same, etc, but unfortunately not the case with many school children having to rely on the only web connecting kit they have....which could be anything from a phone to an XBox, to a laptop.
We are getting there, slowly. Just means dealing with a lot of different situations and problems.

Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote