View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 16:55   #17
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Freeview channel renumbering and hours changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I was thinking maybe Discovery will axe Home brand for Home & Health.

We feel Discovery may axe some brands after they own the following brands in the UK:

-Really
-TLC
-I.D.
-Quest
-DMAX
-Quest Red
-Discovery Channel
-Animal Planet
-Discovery Science
-Discovery Turbo
-Discovery History
-Good Food
-Home
-Home & Health
-Discovery Shed
-Food Network
-Travel Channel

They may even launch an new brand called "Alaska Channel"

WHY?

If Discovery wants to axe some brands they can use slots for new +1 channels for Really and Discovery Shed or more HD Channels. Or even Sell the EPG slots on Sky to make some money.
Re: Home/Home & Health. Maybe. I'm never totally convinced by merging similar Pay and Free channels. If they have shows in common, sure, if they are simply similar in type but not literally the same shows on both channels there's less savings to be made and they can't guarantee it would be worthwhile for them.
-----
Moving back on topic. Freeview EPG rules say that broadcasters can only shuffle channel numbers within their portfolio once every 12 months (or something like that), so both New UKTV and Discovery have used up their moves for a year. Home got to move twice in a number of days because of the ownership change between moves.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote