View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:57   #5212
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I know I said that, but you misrepresented what I said.

If you really believe that most people don't mind unskippable ads on their on demand services, I think you are in an extreme minority in believing that.

Have you noticed when you go to the cinema how many people turn up late to avoid the commercials?
You’re, perhaps mistakenly. assuming that the content providers will give people a choice in the matter. There’s also a huge gap between a half hour of ads (another straw man) and trailers prior to a movie and thirty or sixty seconds of ads before a television programme.

One or two extremely tailored adverts.

I think people would prefer no adverts, of course, but despite this ads remain prevalent - even on subscription television as a while. Whether it’d force people to change provider or not is another matter - especially if said provider had the most popular content.