View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:37   #5210
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Literally you said:

Not all high earners subscribe to Netflix and probably less would do so if they had to sit through hours of mindless adverts.

That is a textbook case of the straw man.

You seem to be speculating a lot in favour of your own preferred outcome. You don’t want ads on Netflix, but you’re ignoring how lucrative a revenue stream it will be for a company substantially in debt. The vast majority of people tolerate ads on subscription services as it stands - there’s no reason to expect long term delivery over the internet to be any different.
I know I said that, but you misrepresented what I said.

If you really believe that most people don't mind unskippable ads on their on demand services, I think you are in an extreme minority in believing that.

Have you noticed when you go to the cinema how many people turn up late to avoid the commercials?