View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:53   #5208
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You seem to be misunderstanding demographics - at no point did I imply that 'all' high earners would take subscription services and that no low earners would. That's a ridiculous assertion, but very much a straw man argument on your part because it simply isn't what I said.

Streamers will be able to gleam so much useful information about their subscriber base, location, working pattern - even social habits and holiday habits. Is the viewer in on Friday and Saturday nights? Do they log in from Dubai, Benidorm or Blackpool when away from home?

Youtube isn't selling premium content, it's selling 'no adverts'.
Except that I did not make that assertion. I was trying to put across that while Netflix attracts more better off viewers than those less well off, they cannot be sure that they would retain those viewers if they incorporated advertising. Therefore, Netflix would be likely to lose money, not gain, from incorporating advertisements.

So if Netflix went down the advertisements route, they would need an ad free option with a subscription, which is the route All4 and the ITV Hub are taking here in the UK.