View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 12:42   #7698
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That would be great but maybe not for a few years yet. When I was reading reports of the wholesale deal between SKY and BT last month I read that AMC is not included as part of the deal. BT allegedly are keeping it exclusive to their platform. What this means for SKY customers who currently get AMC on SKY, as part of the BT Sports pack via BT, is anyone's guess. Seems likely AMC will disappear from the SKY epg next year when the wholesale deal kicks in. Certainly looks like BT still has plans for AMC. They're just over 2 years into a multi year exclusive deal.
The AMC deal is certainly described as a 'multi-year deal', but I had always assumed that this would expire at the same time as the existing football premiership rights came to an end. If it does, I think AMC will cease to be exclusive to BT, and this is another possible explanation for the channel not being part of the Sky/BT agreement.

So, AMC could be present on Sky without the BT Sport subscription and it could also be made available on Virgin Media.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote