View Single Post
Old 19-11-2017, 13:04   #3866
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It is a little disappointing to find that in relation to live sports, Amazon is seeking programming viewers can't get from rivals. However, given their determination to take on Sky, maybe the correct interpretation of this is that it views competitors such as Sky differently from other OTT services. Maybe this indicates that we will see Amazon entering the bidding round this time rather than next.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com/articl...s-broadcasters
If Amazon are to dip their toes into Premier League rights, I would bet they will go for the new Saturday night package that was voted in this week by the clubs.

I base my hypothesis on the fact that they aren't interested in advertising revenue or taking on traditional broadcasters for prime time Saturday viewers and that this will possibly be the cheapest package they could acquire to test the market in order to have a full assault if they deem it fit in 3 years time.