Thread: TiVo BBC iplayer problem
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 15:00   #10
vascop
Inactive

Services: Panasonic TX-32LXD700 TV Virgin media V+ & 20gb/s broadband speed/VM modem/router combined
vascop is on a distinguished roadvascop is on a distinguished road
Re: BBC iplayer problem

A few days ago I had a fault when using iplayer over a Samsung V+ box, which caused the picture to make forward jumps every so often. I tried it several times on different days, but it was always the same, except that it was worse at some times than at others.
Today I had an idea: I remembered that I am using a good quality HDMI cable to connect my DVD player to the TV and the HDMI cable that came with my V+ box when I first got it a few years ago now, to connect the V+ box to the TV. I swapped them round and played the troublesome programme again and it was perfect. Just to be sure I re-connected the cables as they had been originally and the fault came back.
I have now re-connected the good quality HDMI between the V+ box and the TV and will buy another quality cable for my DVD player.
I will monitor the situation and report back if I have any more problems.
Perhaps good quality HDMI cables do make a difference in certain circumstances!
PS I should say that 4oD and the ITV player did not have this fault, even with the HDMI cable supplied by Virgin Media.
vascop is offline   Reply With Quote