View Single Post
Old 17-12-2016, 19:28   #2
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age
Re: Rogue One SPOILER thread

Tarekin was interesting, 'cos you saw the back of his head and I was htinking "is, that? No, it can't be!" and was pleasently surprised it was

he was v good, but just not quite right, we're very nearly there, maybe becuase we know who it is, i.e. with aliens you don't "think" about is so much.

Agreed Leia was less convincing, but again partially maybe cos we know what she looks likes then and now.

All the Vader bits were good, was nice to see him from his most vulnerable, to viscious

and yes k-s2o was v good, was nice the way he held the fort

and killing every one off I guess had to be done, but was done well.

the only things I didn't like were the James Bond villain esque dialgoe on the comms tower at the end, and I'm in 2 minds about some of the nods to the old films. i.e. part of me liked seeing the guys from the cantina in Star Wars, but some of the references seemed forced, although saying that, I as happy to hear "I've got a bad feeling about this"

I thought it was a solid film, I think I actually enjoyed The Force Awakens more, as it was more of a film, but this was what it was meant to be i.e. a film in the universe.

however, has the trench being put in deliberately as a week point, been done before, or was that new to this film, and just put in to shut up the people who list that as a Star Wars flaw ?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote