View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 08:27   #27
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
What always makes me laugh about "adults" that review Star Wars films and then have a go a them for not being gritty enough etc.etc.etc.

Is that the Star Wars films are for kids, and are squarely aimed at kids, and George Lucas has repeatedly emphasised that is what they are about.

They were supposed to be a return to Sat morning kids adventures like Flash Gordan and Buck Rogers.

If you want dark gritty sci-fi, see Prometheus or Sci-fi that makes you think see Source Code.

The reason the prequels got panned is because all the 8 -12years olds that watched the original trilogy were now all in their late 30's and couldn't differentiate anymore.

Although they had their flaws, as did the original trilogy, I thought the prequels were good fun.

I look forward to the new films.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Unicorn?
As usual you have entirely failed to see my point.I dislike the way SF is handled by Hollywood as only being for children..and only aiming for the lowest common denominator..This is shown by the way we get 'trilogies' and prequels and franchising of what once was a very good premise.

Another example of an excellent SF film is the Andromeda Strain..again devoid of overpowering FX..mainly because at the time of it's making there was a nice lack of FX. I'm just wanting a well written thoughtful SF film that truly explores the human mind/condition which is what SF can do very well without the whizzbang effects much of today's SF films..

Also it wasn't me who was talking about gritty films.But practically all the SF coming out of Hollywood is just plain mush for undemanding minds.