View Single Post
Old 29-12-2020, 01:54   #478
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
Where did you read this? You started a thread on this which was inaccurate and now you continue to spout conjecture. VM staff were very clear on that.
Has anyone, anywhere publicised anything to indicate a forced migration from Tivo software on V6 to Virgin 360?

I'm 100% with 1701-e here. Nor has anyone, anywhere quantified the apparent saving that could be made to Virgin Media for doing so.

It'd be a fundamentally flawed business model to have your hardware rely upon third party software you aren't entitled to licence for the expected lifespan of the device itself - in the case of an STB probably 10 years or more.

Is there any evidence Virgin would save money at all if they moved existing hardware deployed with Tivo software onto another platform? Without reading the nuance of the contract it's impossible to say this.

I suspect it's forum conjecture running away backing itself up as a source for itself. Back in the day the ordinary STB getting software to be a 'slave' of the TV Drive/V+. Equally was the V HD not getting Tivo software at one point?

I'm not inclined to hold my breath on such matters.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote