View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 09:53   #348
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
You are the only person spreading this rumour, please stop.

VM have not made any announcement about forcing people to migrate to TV360, its a different product to the TiVo platform with different features. I can also clarify that there is no forced migration planned in the near future.

When TiVo launched on the VM platform 10 years ago, people were not force migrated from the legacy PVR's, in fact there are still 1000's of legacy V+ and TV Drive's out there today.
No, i'm not.

I think that VM will eventually migrate existing customers at some point as they won't want to carry on paying to use the TiVo software when they have the LG Horizon/TV360 software that they own. The question is when, as I will have to take this into consideration come contract renewal time. I like the TiVo software, so will keep it for as long as I can, but don't care for the TV360 and intend to change to Sky Q when I can no longer have it.

I think that you are incorrect about the legacy PVR's and that the only boxes now officially in use on the VM platform are the TiVo, V6 and now the TV360. Happy to be corrected if i'm wrong, but I believe that all channels were removed from the legacy boxes apart from channels 1-5 in a last ditch effort to push people to swap over. Maybe some people still have them with these few channels and are paying for them! I really don't know.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 09-12-2020 at 09:56.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote