View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 11:42   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S Election 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The risk for the Democrats is that they will fall back on smug complacency, as they are wont to do when faced with an opponent they assume everyone can see is unsuitable for the presidency. Al Gore v George Bush is a relatively recent example.
I don't think it's complacency but I do think their strategy is going to be to play it safe and try to make the election about Trump and not Biden. They probably need to ensure Biden is seen as 'safe' to Republican-Leaning swing voters or at the very least not inspire the fear/hatred that Clinton did. Enough to ensure that people who don't like Trump turn out and those who don't like either don't feel compelled to keep Biden out.

We've been here before so we're treating polls with skepticism. But Biden is ahead of where Clinton was in national polling but also even further ahead of her in the swing state polling. If it wasn't for the example of 2016 people would be calling it now.

Biden will hopefully not make the same mistakes as Clinton and visit the industral states. He is more popular in Michigan because of his assoication with the auto-bailout in 2008.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Biden clinched the nomination last month - he is now the Nominee, rather than the presumptive Nominee.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ial-nomination
Ah, I thought it was kept as 'presumptive' until the convention.