Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 21:08   #514
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Just in case you missed the last lecture, they rammed it in again this week.

Oh, and just to tick another PC box, the married couple were of course both male.

Its getting very tiresome now.
Quote:
RANI: Would PHB or PES do?
DOCTOR: What?
RANI: I asked you a question!
DOCTOR: Did you? Mel, there's something caged in there.
RANI: Yes, I dare say. Would PHB or PES do?
DOCTOR: Eh?
RANI: As a suitable material for the machine.
DOCTOR: Oh, yes. PHB. It's biodegradable. We don't want to litter up Lakertya with non-destructible waste like they're doing on your planet, Mel.
RANI: What are you looking for?
DOCTOR: Sugar and starch. We can ferment our own.
RANI: You won't find it there. What about the alternative?
DOCTOR: PES? No, not so good. It's a petroleum based plastic.

Time and the Rani, 1987
Quote:
DOCTOR: No, no, no!
BRIGADIER: But, Doctor, it's exactly your cup of tea. This fellow's bright green apparently, and dead.
DOCTOR: Lethbridge Stewart, I'm not a policeman. Neither are you, for that matter.
BRIGADIER: Ah, but there are international implications, you see. Possibility of sabotage at Global Chemicals. It's UNIT's duty to protect them. My duty.
DOCTOR: Then do your duty, Brigadier.
BRIGADIER: But, Doctor, surely you must see the
(Jo enters carrying a bag and wearing a white sheepskin trimmed coat.)
BRIGADIER: Ah, Miss Grant, I've a little job for you. I want you to
JO: I'm sorry, Brigadier, I can't.
BRIGADIER: Can't? Can I remind you, Miss Grant, that you are
JO: That I am a member of UNIT. Orders, court martials and all that. But unless you arrest me, I mean, unless you actually seize me and fling me into a dungeon, I
DOCTOR: Ah, Jo, all ready?
JO: Oh dear. Doctor, I mean it. I'm going to go to South Wales because they have got to be stopped.
BRIGADIER: Who's got to be stopped?
JO: Well, Global Chemicals, of course. Can't you see the harm this go ahead will do?
BRIGADIER: No, Miss Grant, I can't. Cheap petrol and lots of it. Exactly what the world needs.
JO: No! No, look it's time to call a halt! It's time that the world awoke to the alarm bell of pollution instead of sliding down the slippery slopes of, of, of, whatever it is.
DOCTOR: A very pretty mixed metaphor.
BRIGADIER: Yes, I seem to recognise the style. This fellow, Jones, isn't it? The Nutcake Professor, isn't that what the papers call him?
JO: That doesn't make him wrong, does it.
BRIGADIER: And you want to go down there to help him in his noble fight against the windmills, down to Llanfairfach.
JO: I'm sorry, Brigadier. I'm going to go even if it means resigning from UNIT.

The Green Death, 1973.
Quote:
DOCTOR: Brigadier, Brigadier! Have you brought me two hundred and seventy million miles just to sort out a little trouble at sea?
BRIGADIER: Three serious disasters, Doctor!
DOCTOR: When I left the psionic beam with you, Brigadier, I said it was only to be used in an emergency.
BRIGADIER: This is an emergency.
DOCTOR: Oil an emergency? Huh! It's about time the people who run this planet of yours realised that to be dependent upon a mineral slime just doesn't make sense. Now, the energising of hydrogen ...

Terror of the Zygons, 1975
Doctor Who’s interest in topical environmental issues is just about as old as the show itself. It really is nothing new.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote