View Single Post
Old 18-09-2021, 13:17   #51
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: AUKUS Strategic nuclear submarine pact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Plus, would you really buy a Peugeot, Citroen or Renault over a Ford? If the French build their Subs with as much care and attention as they build cars they wouldn’t make it to their first MOT.
I wouldn't buy a French car for the other reason!

This AUKUS thing is very good. Two of the three countries fully trust each other, the third has franchised part of its customary role (the Pacific Fleet) to the UK and Australia and will be sharing costs for whizzy new technology.

I feel safer with this highly strategic alliance in place.

Compare this with the EU. 26/27 countries are nervous of France, the only military power in the EU. When we were there, the 26 were comforted by our counter-balance over France and for that matter Germany. The EU should gave done more to keep us in. I would be very surprised if VdL manages to get an EU army.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote