View Single Post
Old 22-01-2019, 18:56   #6798
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
There was a TV programme where a Czech Roma couple had arrived in Rotherham with twenty-two of their children and grandchildren. Only one of them had a job. So they, along with an estimated 6,000 other Czech Roma just in Rotherham, had to be housed, funded with benefits etc. The fallacy is that enough of the 3m EU residents actually contribute. Especially if you factor in an upfront cost of building the houses to house them in the first place.

So is the stock in all the Eastern European shops produced in the UK? Or is it shipped in from Eastern Europe.
I remember seeing this programme and talking about it the day afterwards. One elderly customer remarked that she'd overheard an immigrant on his mobile phone saying "you come to England, they pay you to have children". I remember remarking that, however unpalatable his comments were, he was telling the truth.

Presumably this is why, in most cases, people can now only claim for a maximum of two children and why the NASS system for calculating money given to asylum seekers has been reformed.

Because we aren't allowed to treat EU citizens any differently to our own population, this legislation to counter this greedy abuse of our generosity also affects those who took no part in it too.

There's a similar issue with the EHIC cards. If someone from Spain comes here, they automatically enjoy all the benefits of our NHS. When I visit Spain, however, I have to register as a temporary visitor, which often means wasting my first day hanging around a Government office. They don't rush and, even then, the cover isn't equivalent to our NHS as there are often charges to pay.