View Single Post
Old 18-02-2008, 19:29   #20
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal - Would you be opting out?

Be interesting to see if the DPA applies. Mr Angry would probably know this, but I think the Data Protection Act would apply if any personally identifiable data is passed to the other company from Virgin (I don't know if this ID number they are planning to use would be counted as personal data, as it would be tied indirectly to you).

For the record, if I used Virgin for broadband, I would either be expecting some sort of compensation for this data I am helpfully providing them, or cancel my account.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTech View Post
BUT surely if you have cookies turned off in your browser, then they cant track, or have i got it wrong (again)?
They don't need cookies. Even if the UBRs can't log who is downloading what, technically it would be relatively easy to install equipment that does. They could bring back the proxies and use them to do this, for instance.