View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 12:47   #1381
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Doctor Who is very British and I do not think it's been done for the Americans at all. Yes the budget got bigger and the effects look so good but that's just to make it more appealing to kids these days and more believable.
I think most BBC productions (Doctor Who included) are made with selling to other countries in mind, but that's how TV is made nowadays. That said, I think Doctor Who is quintessentially British and I actually think that is part of the reason it sells well. They could Americanise it, by making the doctor an incredibly sexy, sassy man or woman who kicks ass, but I think they would miss the point of the series. Bit like the US remake of Red Dwarf where (IIRC) they made everyone except Kryten (Who was still played by Robert Llewelyn) incredibly sexy, sassy and heroic instead of the bums and misfits the characters in the UK series are.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote