View Single Post
Old 22-02-2014, 09:54   #960
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I am obese as well, yet I don't blame others for my weight. Shows what type of person she is, expecting something for nothing all the time. Hope the NHS tells her where to go, I would be furious on behalf of taxpayers if she gets a gastric band fitted.
I recently saw a TV documentary featuring a guy, in his early 30's IIRC, who'd become extremely overweight but had decided he needed to do something about it and did. Rather than opt for a gastric band, many months of hard work and a better diet yielded amazing results except for the fact that he was left with a massive amount of very unsightly loose skin dangling from around his abdomen and chest. Having done so much to change his life he approached the NHS for an operation to remove some of the excess it but was refused. This guy was in a low paid job as a school dinner cook but, rather than give up, he decided to try to raise the money c. £5k required to have the operation done privately so took on another job and started raising money by obtaining sponsorship for various physical 'iron man' type challenges.

I must say I felt very sorry for him but found his attitude exemplary and a fine example of what can be done with the will. I also feel the NHS rather let him down given all his hard work but there are always winners and losers when it comes to getting treatment.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote