View Single Post
Old 20-03-2018, 08:04   #1210
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Good grief, Andrew, that EU bubble you are in still shows no sign of bursting! You have completely ignored my point that organisations are having to set out in documentation stuff that should be laid down in law, avoiding massive duplication by every organisation - even tiddlers like residents' associations and clubs.

There is not a problem with protecting personal data. It is the problem of laying down laws in a scattergun manner which ties everyone in knots.

Maybe you should talk to one of the small organisations affected by this and see how happy they are with the GDPR - if they even understand it.

http://www.computerweekly.com/news/4...about-the-GDPR
Nothing in your link supports your wilder assertions and no one would be more surprised than me if ever you did find such a link!! If anything, that link shows what a sensible piece of legislation it is as the excerpt below highlights. I know many small organisations who don't fear progress and know the benefits of having legislation appropriate for the 21st century without over-engineering a solution.
Quote:
Organisations need to ensure they use simple language when asking for consent to collect personal data, they need to be clear about how they will use the information, and they need to understand that silence or inactivity no longer constitutes consent,” he said.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 20-03-2018 at 08:08.