View Single Post
Old 13-11-2003, 20:34   #57
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: NTL Customer Services: Your personal experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputedtruth
Actually I'm above that simplistic view. When I interact with NTL CSRs it is most apparent they lack skills in handling customers. The sort of skills they do lack are genuine listening skills, empathy skills, the ability to analyse problems and how to give a satisfactory answer. I don't think NTL actually train their CSRs to deal with customers effectively without provoking customers. I don't think telling me about good or bad Customers Services in different organisations is going to help change my mind if I'm able to rate the skills of customer services staff. I think there are serious cultural problems at NTL in how they handle customers. The staff at BT are so much careful in how they speak to their customers. In my dealings with NTL staff they are not and they certainly lack the professionalism of BT staff. The problem is not just about good/bad customer service staff but how organisations deal with customers in general. For example a very good customer service rep at NTL may be below average when compared to BT.

Though I accept there are a few people happy with their level of service, I for one refuse to accept second best.
UDT, you say you are above that simplistic view. Yet, you have in the past (several times on here and .com) announced that all NTL employees are bad and/or liars. That, to me, is a simplistic view.

My point is that you cannot generalise like that. Even if all the CS people you have dealt with have been terrible, it does not mean that ALL CS people in ALL areas are bad.