View Single Post
Old 27-10-2018, 11:28   #2039
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
My daughter's DLA to PIP process is gongs as badly as expected.

Her "invitation to claim" arrived on 5th October.

I did the telephone claim for her on 8th October.

Her claim forms, dated 19th October, arrived today, 27th October.

Due back before 19th November, so under the 28 days they say you have to complete and return them.
I had the very same problem, I only had 3 weeks to complete the form. Then you get letters and text reminders as the time pressed on.

The key is to include as much evidence as possible. Get patient copies of all the letters from the hospital. Letters from your GP outlining your conditions. A personal letter from a partner (or parent in your case) on how it affect you and the claimant etc etc etc.

I sent in around 37 pages from various consultants in the end and then had the assessment (at home) which was a bit weird looking back at it. It was rushed and the assessor didn't want to listen to anything I had to say which at the time I thought would go against me. But I ended up with 18pts, and 12pts so no change to my DLA. The result came back that the assessment was conclusive to the evidence provided. So that explained the rushed assessment.

Still doesn't change the fact it was so stressful and hard going. Filling in the form took until 3 days before it had to be sent in, and I sent it in my own envelope so it could fit all the other bits of paperwork and sent it next day recorded delivery.

Good luck, just plough through it, a question or 2 a day if that what it takes. Make a full photocopy of the completed form before you send it in.