View Single Post
Old 27-09-2010, 15:48   #64
Matty_
cf.geek

Matty_ has reached the bronze age
Matty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze ageMatty_ has reached the bronze age
Re: Security and antivirus web links

It certainly behaves fine for me, but i do have a pretty good knowledge of the product and use the full suite.
The only things i have seen is a couple of issues with Avasts webshield.

Personally Maggy if you are just going to use the firewall, i.e. no Defence+ or Sandbox (which isn`t like sandboxie) then personally i think if your behind a router using vista or 7 then the standard firewall with a decent av should suffice if your a safe surfer.

One thing i will say is this version went through a much better beta/RC testing process with a better bugzilla tracking formula.
The sandbox part can take a bit of getting used to, it basically flags unknown/unsigned trusted vendors executables in a partially limited sandbox using job objects, if you know the software is safe you can easily move it to Trusted files.

If you do decide to give it a go, i`ll try and help as much as possible if you have any issues...
Matty_ is offline   Reply With Quote