View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 12:59   #161
Neil
Inactive

Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Neil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze arrayNeil has a bronze array
Re: Want ADSL?-Read on....

Ok-not having Sky (yet)-doesn't Sky have A) more exclusive channels that aren't available on cable?, & B) more channels-period?

I know it's a fairly complex business working out which is better value for money, & I've read the PR blurb by both ntl & Sky, & I'm still none the wiser!

*Goes off to put thinking cap on*

[Edit]-Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if you take the top ntl package of channels (called Family Pack with Sports & Movies), it works out to £47.50 (including your phone line)

If you have the equivalent package from Sky, (called Sky World & Family Pack), you pay £40 per month (without a phone line for which you need to add £9.50 or thereabouts)

So....

Sky dish & BT phone line=£4 9.50 per month for top package (number of channels to be confirmed-"over 101 channels" according to website http://www.sky.com/skycom/article/0,...ml?CMP=IL21287 )

Top ntl DTV pack= £47.50 inc phone line (number of channels to be confirmed-ntl's 'Family Pack + Sport & Movies pack' includes ALL the Family Pack channels plus 15 Sky premium channels and 4 Disney channels)

So how many channels in ntl's 'Family Pack'? (as their website is less than clear- http://www.ntlhome.com/ntl_tv/premium.html )

So my guess would be that the extra £2.00 per month for Sky takes into account their recent price rise, whereas ntl have yet to announce theirs, plus it looks like you get more channels for the same money anyway.

Worth bearing in mind is that with Sky you get full interactive services (if that interests you), whereas with ntl all the red button does for most people is freeze the STB!), & also the [u]choice[/i] of Sky + (which is the hard disk recorder service that looks very tasty), but with ntl there is no choice.

I have tried to be objective here, but can't help thinking that ntl offer the inferior service for you £ÃÆ ’‚£Ãà¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚£-or am I wrong?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote